Friday, October 3, 2008

The Dawn of a New Life - a NEWSTART!


This morning as I stepped out into a brisk new day, the stars were already yielding to a hint of rose that advances before the sun. Lake Rosseau is still as if it too is awaiting the dawn.
Why did we come to this Canadian place? For some of us it was to find healing for broken spirits. For others it was to discover a healing for broken bodies. Nancy, my sweet smiling Nancy, and I came for both.
Did we know what to expect? No! Only that my dear friend, Marta, insisted that we "must come." At first I said, "We simply cannot afford the trip, and after all, if we came to Camp Frenda, who is going to care for our precious cats?"
Marta responded in her usual meek and mild manner, "Pray, Charles, pray and God will provide a way!" Well, I prayed, not; I must admit with much enthusiasm and God heard even that perfunctory, half hearted prayer. A friend came forward and paid for the seminar. Then our airfare was paid. Another friend volunteered to look after the cats. So, now what could I do? If there is anything I hate to do it is to admit that she was right. Because in her quiet, unassuming manner she would never allow me to forget it, but, suck it up chuck. Marta was right! (thanks, Marta)
When we arrived, Nancy was totally dependent upon her walker. There were times that she needed a wheelchair. Praise be to our wonderful, loving, miracle working, gracious, powerful God, Sunday morning she walked unaided with uplifted hands, into the dining room and as she did so she exclaimed, "Praise God, I'm healed!" Then Joseph, (oh how we need more Josephs in the world) walked up to Nancy, bowed elequently, and said, "May I have this dance?" They danced to the tune of the diners cheering and laughing, with a few tears of joy thrown in as spice.
Yes, oh God, my cup runneth over!! Thank you, Papa God for bringing us to Camp Frenda to hear Dr. Sang Lee speak about our amazing Father who brings deliverance from illness, when the doctors had given up on us. Thank you, oh Merciful Friend for bringing us to Dr. Sang Lee and his NEWSTART Seminar. Thank you, Oh God! And they all said, "Amen!"
written by Charles Towne, Apopka, Florida

No comments: